Saturday, July 2, 2011

Dirty Little Secret

 I have a confession to make.

I haven't done laundry in over a month.
And to give myself the push I needed to get it all done, I decided to showcase just how bad the laundry situation has become in our home.

I'm telling you - this isn't for the faint of heart.  If you love organization and hate mess, I highly suggest you look away and immediately go stare at your neatly folded, organized, clean and colour coded closet.

Step 1 of Operation Laundry was to admit I have a problem.
Can you spot the dog? Please don't call the humane society, I promise he's well taken care of, despite this hoarder-esque monstrosity we call our "clothes room".

Yep, I definitely have a situation.

Step 2 - Dive in and sort - whites, darks, dryer only, hang only, lights, brights.... brain aneurism, check.

 This took me like a half an hour. Carter got stuck inside the room, and was extremely worried he'd never get out.  For a few minutes, I myself wondered if I was doomed to live in this room forever.

Sort success!  5 oversized loads of laundry at attention and ready to go.
(Sadly not included in these loads are jeans, towels, and sheets.) 

So in total - that is 8, count 'em EIGHT - loads of laundry.

Let me remind you that there are only 2 people living in our home.  No kids. I'm extremely worried about how we will handle that.
________________________________________________________________________

NOW... before you get completely disgusted and wonder how on earth two reasonably well dressed, hygienic, and high functioning members of society can live in such squalor, you have come to Step 3 of Operation Laundry....The Laundry Room.
 The sign I bought in hopes that my laundry room would somehow become more kitschy and whimsical. It didn't work.

Welcome to hell.


We have the world's most disgusting laundry room.


Above the washing machine hangs a lovely menagerie of cobwebs, rusty nails, and questionable liquid drips.


Our laundry room is where nightmares go to die.

So, now, can you REALLY blame me for avoiding this hole as much as possible?

I hate doing the laundry - so in the word's of Charlotte Diamond....

"The laundry, the laundry - I'm slowly going insane."


PS - I'm down 2 loads, only 6 more to go!

2 comments:

  1. so... your laundry room looks like a scene from a creepy episode of criminal minds. i don't really blame you for not wanting to do laundry all the time. and good ol' charlotte - i remember watching that video and laughing hysterically.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't judge you Carling..."a clean home is a sign of a wasted life"

    ReplyDelete